Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 balance changes and new weapon
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9, titled Nightmares, released today with a Halloween theme. There’s a new Battle Pass filled with goodies, a new map, game modes and hordes of other content to unlock. For the competitive player who plans to enter some local tournaments soon, the most important aspect is knowing the balance changes. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, as we list the balance changes for the new season of COD: Mobile, and how you can unlock a brand-new assault rifle!
New weapon in COD: Mobile – Swordfish AR
Players can unlock the new Swordfish assault rifle for free in COD: Mobile via the free tiers of the Battle Pass. You simply need to level up to tier 21 to unlock it and level up to 14 to unlock the new TAK-5 operator skill which provides healing and a health boost.
The Swordfish’s description reads:
- Four shot rifle, long range, low damage attenuation, with one-round lethal ability, and can adapt to full-range combat.
- Equipped with long sword bullets, four rounds can be replaced with five rounds, recoil and bullet emission are greatly reduced, but one round of lethal ability is more demanding.
The Thumper, a new Launcher class weapon, will release during Season 9. We will also bring you a new gunsmith setup for the Swordfish AR next week, as we have a feeling it will be quite powerful.
COD: Mobile S9 balance changes
There are several balance changes to six weapons, mostly nerfs, in the COD: Mobile Season 9 update. Competitive players should check them out and see if a weapon they are using has been nerfed. It’s also good to know these balance changes for the purpose of creating new loadouts. Let’s dive right in.
CR-56 AMAX – M67 Ammo
- Reduced range: Short range distance has been reduced from 36 to 30 meters while the medium range distance has been reduced from 51 to 42.5 meters.
- The damage to upper arms has been reduced from 62 to 48.
- The vertical recoil has been slightly increased.
- The ADS movement speed with the weapon has been increased from 0.6 to 0.65.
- The reload time has been reduced from three to 2.5 seconds.
- The MP basic bullet speed has been increased from 600 to 900.
- Heavy Long Barrel: The movement speed has been adjusted from -4 to -2 percent.
- .300 RTC 30 Round Reload: The bullet speed increase has been replaced with silencer effect.
- ADS Speed adjusted from -8 to -3 percent.
- .300 RTC Double Stack 40 Round Reload: Replaced bullet speed increase with the silencer effect.
- New Effect: Reload Speed has been increased by 10 percent.
- Movement Speed adjusted from -2 to -1 percent.
- An issue where the M13 did not receive the general accuracy improvement in BR has been fixed.
- The basic horizontal recoil has been reduced.
- The initial hipfire bullet spread has been reduced by 13 percent.
- The damage to arms has been increased from 26 to 28.
- The damage to chest has been increased from 28 to 31.
- The damage to head has been increased from 31 to 33.
- OWC Marksman: Vertical Recoil has been adjusted from -3.2 to -8 percent.
- OWC Ranger: Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2 to -6 percent.
- MIP Strike Stock: Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2 to -8 percent.
- Short range distance without any attachment has been adjusted from 10 to 14.
- The base damage has been adjusted from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19.
- The movement speed has been adjusted from 1.04 to 1.06.
- The ADS time has been adjusted from 0.448 to 0.4.
- 50 Round Reload: Movement Speed adjusted from -1 to -1.5 percent.
- 60 Round Reload: Movement Speed adjusted from -1.5 to -2.5 percent.
- The recoil when not using any attachments has been reduced.
For a full overview of the COD: Mobile Season 9 content, check out the official post from Activision.
Header image via Activision.