Warzone Season 5 balance changes finally arrive
Not everything is great in Verdansk right now, mostly due to bugs, issues, and hackers flooding Call of Duty: Warzone. There were also balance changes in the Warzone Season 5 update when it launched late last week, leaving fans disappointed. Now, developer Raven Software has officially revealed the balance changes for Warzone Season 5.
Warzone Season 5 weapon balance changes
First off, if you’ve been hoping for a nerf to the C58, for example, then you will leave this article disappointed. The balance changes for Warzone Season 5 aren’t big at all and focuses mostly on Modern Warfare era weapons, which comes as a bit of a surprise.
Raven Software explains in the patch notes: “We are generally pleased with the state of balance and we do not think anything needs to be immediately addressed. However, we do feel there are some outliers in the Assault Rifle category that have been top tier long enough that it is now appropriate to reduce their power level to give other Weapons some time in the spotlight.”
Now, for the balance changes. Check them all out below, from a nerf to the AS VAL (just why?) to a Fennec buff and more. There are even changes to handguns that no one asked for.
AS VAL (MW):
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 27
- Bullet Velocity increased by 13.4%
Submachine Gun Charlie (MW):
- Maximum Damage decreased from 34 to 31
- Maximum Damage Range decreased by 5.4%
- Upper Torso Damage Multiplier increased from 1 to 1.1
OTs 9 (BOCW):
- ADS Weapon Sway decreased
AMP 63 (BOCW):
- Maximum Damage decreased from 33 to 31
- Mid Damage now 28
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 23
- This change only applies while using Akimbo
- Maximum Damage decreased from 33 to 29
- Mid Damage decreased from 28 to 25
- Minimum Damage decreased from 23 to 20
- This change only applies while using the Sorokin 140mm Auto
- Maximum Damage decreased from 27 to 24
- Mid Damage decreased from 23 to 20
- Minimum Damage decreased from 19 to 17
The balance changes, specifically to Modern Warfare era weapons, have left some fans disappointed, and scratching their heads. This is especially true since most of the nerfed weapons weren’t even considered to be all too strong in the current meta…
Header image via Activision.