Valve nerfs new Dota 2 hero Marci only one day after release
During The International 10, Valve announced the latest Dota 2 hero, Marci, alongside Dragon’s Blood Season 2. For those who haven’t watched the Netflix anime, Marci travels with Princess Mirana, and while we don’t want to spoil much beyond this point, you should definitely give it a watch.
Valve unleashed the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.30e last week, ushering in the new hero, Marci, as well as several gameplay and balance changes, alongside a new treasure. As is a tradition at this point, Marci on release is a bit powerful, and everyone is trying to pick her up in a match.
Valve nerfs Marci
Not wasting any time due to the arguably overpowered nature of Marci at launch, Valve decided to quickly push out an update to nerf the new Dota 2 hero.
There are nerfs to two of her abilities, as well as her ultimate, and some two talents. The update was quite easy to miss, so check out the nerfs to Marci below.
- General – Base mana regen reduced from 0.5 to 0
- Dispose – Damage reduced from 70/140/210/280 to 70/130/190/250
- Rebound – Cast/Jump range reduced from 850 to 800
- Unleash – Duration reduced from 18 to 16 / Pulse damage reduced from 80/150/220 to 60/130/200
- Talents – Level 15: Reduced from plus 250 Rebound Cast/Jump Range to plus 200 / Level 20: Reduced from 1.75-second Sidekick Spell Immunity to 1.5 seconds
For those who want to start playing Marci competitively or in Ranked, don’t worry. Despite all these nerfs which do add up to a rather significant overall nerf, Marci is still quite powerful.
This might only be the first round of nerds to Marci as it is always difficult to balance a new Dota 2 hero shortly after release.
Header image via Valve.