Dota 2 OMEGA League playoffs: Matchups, schedule and how to watch
Sep 2, 2020 8:15 am
The playoffs for the OMEGA League Europe Immortal Division, which is by far the biggest tournament in the OMEGA League, begins today. While we don’t have The International 10, this online, regional league has proven to be a great substitute for Dota 2 esports fans. Here’s what you need to know about the playoffs.
OMEGA League Europe playoffs details
For those who haven’t been following it, the OMEGA League is a multi-level international Dota 2 league, featuring a combined prize pool across divisions of $600,000. The OMEGA League Europe Immortal Division is, however, by far the biggest. It features the top Dota 2 esports teams in the world, and a $500,000 prize pool.
After some great matches in the group stage, as well as the play-in section, the playoffs for the OMEGA League Europe Immortal Division are about to begin.
The first match of the playoffs will begin tonight, 2 September and run until 6 September. The winner will get the lion’s share of the prize pool, a whopping $200,000.
Schedule for the first four matches:
- Lower bracket – Virtus.Pro vs Team Liquid – 2 September at 17:00
- Lower bracket – Alliance vs Vikin.gg – 2 September at 20:00
- Upper bracket – OG vs Team Nigma – 3 September at 17:00
- Upper bracket – Team Secret vs Evil Geniuses – 3 September at 20:00
While we don’t know the matchups for the rest of the days yet, we do know two matches will take place each day on 4 and 5 September. One begins at 17:00 and the other at 20:00. On 6 September, the lower-bracket final is scheduled to start at 14:00, while the grand final will begin at roughly 18:00 SAST.
Header image via WePlay!
- Sillicur It is our pleasure!
- richardhowes Thanks for the article and summary. Great to have a site where the latest esports news is all...
- Jp Booker PLEASE JUST GIVE US AN AFRICAN SERVER FOR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!!!
- Sillicur Whoops! My bad 😉 thx for spotting
- angel hunter How was last year 2020 Last year, it released on 7 May 2020.🙁😏🤔