Dota 2 Gameplay Update 7.27 makes significant changes
Jun 30, 2020 7:45 am
IceFrog teased the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.27 a few weeks ago, explaining how the first update won’t have any hero changes inside. Now, the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.27 has been released, making some significant changes to Valve’s ever-popular MOBA.
Dota 2 gameplay update 7.27 details
Valve has made some significant changes in the latest Dota 2 update, all while players are throwing their wallets at the Battle Pass bundle.
The latest Dota 2 update increases base XP for hero kills, increases passive gold income, makes a few significant changes to Outposts, Towers, Neutral Creeps and much more. Further, there are two new basic items.
- Blitz Knuckles costs 1000 gold and gives the player +35 Attack Speed.
- Voodoo Mask grants 12% Spell Lifesteal against heroes, and 2.5% against creeps. It costs 900 gold.
Dozens of items have received balance changes, which you can all check out on the official Dota 2 blog.
Check out all the general gameplay changes in 7.27 below:
- Hero kills base XP increased from 40 to 100
- Hero kill last hit gold increased from 99 + 7.2 * Level to 120 + 8 * Level
- Assist gold rescaled from 45 + 0.033*NW to 30 + 0.038*NW
- Passive gold income increased from 85 to 95
- Bounty Runes are now reliable gold
- Tower last hit bounty from 180 for T1/2/3/4 to 120/140/160/180
- Neutral stacking support bounty increased from 35% to 40%
- Midlane creep camps changed from Medium to Small
- Removed Prowler Camp
- Adjusted the low ground tree layout near both outposts to prevent channeling from low ground without destroying trees first
- Removed a tree to make an opening in the tree line to the right of the mid radiant tier 1 tower
- Changed the camp to the right of the radiant secret shop from medium camp to hard camp
- Swapped the hard camp to the right of the radiant top tier 2 tower with the ancient camp in the primary jungle
- Reduced the size of the Radiant safelane hard camp spawn box
- Radiant safelane small camp spawn box size has been increased
- Dire safelane small camp spawn box size has been reduced
- Outposts can no longer be stolen by the other team until they kill one of your T2 towers
- Outpost now reveals enemies channeling it
- Outpost vision radius is now shown by holding alt
- All lane creeps now avoid hero aggro until they are near enemy creeps, neutrals or within 1550 range of their Tier 1 tower. This active until the siege units spawn at 5 minutes.
- Courier bounty reduced from 30 + 7/Level to 25 + 5/Level
- Courier flying upgrade level requirement reduced from 5 to 4
- Courier movement speed is reduced by 15% while carrying consumables
- Armor formula is now ( Armor * 0.06 / ( 1 + Armor * 0.06 )
- Armor per agility increased slightly from 0.16 to 1/6
- Tier 1 Towers attack speed increased (attack rate from 1.0 to 0.9, and base attack speed from 100 to 110)
- Tier 1 Towers damage reduced from 110 to 90 (same overall DPS with above)
- Tier 2+ Towers attack speed increased (attack rate from 0.95 to 0.9, and base attack speed from 100 to 110)
- Tier 2+ Towers damage reduced from 200 to 172 (same overall DPS with above)
- Siege units health increased by 60
- All Pick drafting has been reworked. Each team now picks two heroes per round before they are revealed, rather than just one. The final round is a single selection. (So it goes from 1/1/1/1/1 to 2/2/1)
- All Pick hero ban count increased from 10 to 12
- All Pick first two rounds now have 5 extra seconds for hero picking
- Captain’s Mode ban count has changed from 4/1/1 for the three ban phases to 2/3/2
- Captain’s Mode duration per pick and ban reduced from 35 seconds to 30
- Captain’s Mode first pick phase is changed from Radiant/Dire/Dire/Radiant to Radiant/Dire/Radiant/Dire (assuming Radiant is first pick)
- Captain’s Mode third ban phase is changed from Dire/Radiant to Radiant/Dire/Radiant/Dire
- Random Draft hero pool reduced from 40 to 33
- Fountain now has a fury swipes style attacking, increasing its damage by 3 for each hit
- Neutral Items nearby enemy range drop restriction increased from 900 to 1200
- Neutral items will no longer drop if the nearby real hero source of kills is teleporting
- Neutral items no longer drop for Meepo clones if the Meepo prime is not nearby
- Lifesteal Amplification now stacks diminishingly rather than additively
- HP Regen Amplification now stacks diminishingly rather than additively
- Heal Amplification now stacks diminishingly rather than additively
- Spell Lifesteal Amplification now stacks diminishingly rather than additively
That’s one big update, which brings dozens of general gameplay adjustments. Now, we await Valve’s second part of the 7.27 update, which should bring a tonne of hero balance changes to the game.
Header image via Valve.
- Sillicur Whoops! My bad 😉 thx for spotting
- angel hunter How was last year 2020 Last year, it released on 7 May 2020.🙁😏🤔
- Dytlief Moller Great stuff guys, wish you all the best of luck, the nation is behind you guys!
- Colin Cowley Epic - but we want DOTA !
- Saul VS gaming paying out quickly. Big yikes. Took 6 months to receive my cash prize in 2019.