Spa-Francorchamps 6-hour endurance race announced with R10,000 on the line
South African tournament organizer Mettlestate, in collaboration with ASUS ROG and RaceFace, has announced the 6-hour Spa-Francorchamps endurance race for South African Assetto Corsa players on PC to enjoy. There’s also a big prize pool attached, with both a Pro and Amateur division. Here’s what we know so far.
Spa-Francorchamps 6-hour endurance race details
Registration for the Spa-Francorchamps 6-hour endurance race is now open, and you can head on over to the race’s dedicated Mettlestate page to enter. There’s a whopping R10,000 on the line, and registration is free.
Prize pool distribution is divided into both a Pro and an Amateur division, with the lion’s share going to Pro Division participants.
Pro prize pool distribution:
- 1st place – R4,000
- 2nd place – R2,000
- 3rd place – R1,000
- 4th place – R500
- 5th place – R250
- 6th to 8th place – R100
Amateur prize pool distribution:
- 1st place – R1,000
- 2nd place – R500
- 3rd place – R250
The race’s page reads: “Mettlestate has brought Assetto Corsa Competizione back to the forge for more sim racing esports. This time, drivers will take to the Spa-Francorchamps track for a 6-hour endurance race. We’ll see you in the pits.”
Mettlestate has outlined how the Spa-Francorchamps 6-hour endurance race will work. Check out the bullet points below.
- Class: GT-3 only.
- Teams will have 1 – 3 drivers.
- Car choice is final and can not be changed.
- There will be a qualifying process which will be run between 3rd and 4th December to determine in which division each participating team will race on the 6th.
- Details of the qualifying process will be communicated to the participants on the closing date
- Driver briefing will be at 11:00.
- There will be an initial 30-minute qualifying session (starting at 11:30 on the day) for all teams.
- The best time set by either team member will be taken as the qualifying time for each team.
- The main race will immediately follow the qualifiers.
- Race session: 6 hours, starting at 12h00 of the race day.
Header image via 505 Games.