ACGL looking for Junior admins: Take your first esports step today
It’s difficult to get into the esports industry, trust me, I know. Not everyone makes it, and the best thing those wanting to take their first steps into esports need to do is get some experience. That’s where the Junior tournament admin positions over at South African tournament organizer African Cyber Gaming League (ACGL) comes in. ACGL recently announced that they are looking to expand their admin team, and those who want to start their esports journey shouldn’t miss out.
ACGL Junior admin positions
First and foremost, it is important to note that this is not a paid position. However, this shouldn’t stop those who want to take their first step into the South African esports scene.
ACGL explains in the announcement post: “While the junior online administration role is not a paying position, those who show true ability can go on to become part of the regular ACGL team. This includes assisting at venue-based events and expos and growing beyond basic tournament administration. As you prove yourself with the team, you can expect the same opportunities to be offered to you.”
If you are interested in applying for a Junior tournament admin position at ACGL, you can head on over to the announcement post, or directly to the application form to start filling in your details. Again, please note this is a volunteer position.
The requirements are:
- Be older than 18 years old
- Have a jovial and engaging personality and not be hostile to participants
- Some understanding of tournaments brackets and Discord
- Have some experience or knowledge of competitive gaming
- A knowledge of all the games we offer is not necessary, but knowledge of more than one title would be beneficial
- Have internet access and a PC
- Currently, this is only open to South African residents. We will be looking to expand this in the future.
Applicants will spend three sessions with Senior admins from ACGL. Here, they will be assessed and taught. If an applicant makes the cut, they will land the position of Junior admin.
What is expected:
- You will not be able to compete in any ACGL tournaments
- You are likely to assist between two to three days/evenings a week.
- An online tournament day is usually around 3 to 6 hours long
- Tournament start times are from 6pm in the week and either 1pm or 6pm on weekends
Good luck to everyone who applies to become a Junior admin at ACGL! You can keep up to date with all their announcements by following ACGL on Twitter and Facebook, as well as joining their Discord server.
Header image via ACGL.