Brawlhalla Nemesis Series S2 with R10,000 prize pool starts soon
Calling all fighting game fans, South African tournament organizer Mettlestate‘s Brawlhalla Nemesis Series Season 2 kicks off at the start of May, and you definitely shouldn’t miss out, especially with the series featuring a combined prize pool of R10,000. Here’s what you need to know.
Brawlhalla Nemesis Series Season 2 details
Registration for the Open Division of the Brawlhalla Nemesis Series Season 2 closes this Sunday, 30 April 2023. You can head on over to the eventâ€™s registration page to sign up right away; it is entirely free, after all.
The Open Division features a prize pool of R3,000, while the Pro Division (which runs at the same time) features a prize pool of R7,000. You will need to do well in Season 2 to get into the Pro Division for Season 3, which is currently populated by the best players from Season 1.
These are Solo 1v1 League events open to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Mobile gamers. Check out the tournament format and structure as per the official rules page below.
- Registrations for the group stages open on the 17th April 2023 and close on the 30th of April 2023.
- Group stages will be played between the 1st May and end on the 21st of May.
- All participants will be placed into separate groups.
- All participants will schedule their matches via the allocated WhatsApp group for the league.
- All matches will be played as a best of five.
- The top 2 participants from each group will qualify for playoffs at the end of the group stage.
- For game settings, please refer to the â€œGame Settingsâ€ below.
- The top participants will play in the playoffs between the 22nd of May 2023 and the 28th of May 2023
- The top participants from each group will be promoted to the playoffs.
- Qualifying participants will be placed into a single elimination bracket
- Each bracket will play a best of five to determine which participant proceeds through to the next round.
- Participants will play up until the final round to determine who proceeds to the grand finals.
- The top 2 participants will play in the Grand Final on the 1st of June.
- The final two participants will play a best-of-eleven matches.
- The grands finals will be streamed to twitch and potentially more platforms.
- At the end of the best of eleven, the participant with 5 match wins will be crowned the grand champion.
After the grand finals, the top 4 teams from the Open division and the bottom four (4) teams from the Pro division will be placed into a bracket. They will then play against each other, with the top four (4) teams moving on to Pro series and the bottom 4 team going to Open series for the next season.
Header image via Ubisoft.