Valve releases new CS:GO update with several changes to Mutiny and Swamp
Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm
On 24 July, Valve removed Chlorine and Jungle from matchmaking, replacing them with two new maps, Mutiny and Swamp. To get the new maps ready, Valve has now deployed a new CS:GO update, focusing on changes and fixes to both Mutiny and Swamp.
New CS:GO update details
The new CS:GO update focuses on the two new maps. However, it also holds a recently-discovered smoke exploit fix, which allowed players throwing a smoke not to see the actual smoke, giving them a distinct advantage, in the right circumstances.
The Mutiny and Swamp maps, which have seen massive improvements in the new CS:GO update, are only available in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes, for those who didn’t know.
Check out the changes to both maps below, starting off with Swamp, which sees the most balance changes.
- Performance boost in some areas (2-5%)
- Alligator and frog sounds are lower, less disturbing
- Made brighter background near fence on A-long (CT side)
- Made one of the red plywood covers smaller on A-long (T side)
- Made the A-short room brighter and also made it easier for T to peek angles on entrance
- Closed gap in CT-spawn where players could boost and peek A-long
- Added wood cover under CW so players can’t peek straight down to A-short entrance (T side)
- Removed a pallet where a player could jump and get stuck
- Improved balance around bombsite
- Added clipping on crane
- Added clipping on streetlight
- Added plywood cover on bombsite
- Removed some of the railing around bombsite for easier movement
- Added electrical box, fence and plywood close to B-entrance for less hiding spots
- Added plywood in corner close to B-entrance for less hiding spots
- Added fence and plywood in water around sniper spot on B-long for easier readability (CT side)
- Fixed various bird-related bugs
- Opened up corner at Dirt Road near CT Spawn
- Fixed bomb getting stuck on the small boat
- Improved FPS for low/medium shader
- Improved optimisation throughout the map
- Opened up T to B Upper ceiling to allow for grenade usage
- Fixed one way wallbang on B Site
- Fixed rendering issue at the top of B Site building
- Added fade distance to most small props
- Altered some deathmatch spawn positions
- Replaced rocks with flowers by the stairs at CT to A
- Removed foliage in various locations for improved visibility
- Fixed boost spot at elevator near A
- Fixed hidden bomb plant underneath stones on A Site
- Fixed floating church pillars
- Fixed misaligned stone tiles in T Spawn
- Fixed misaligned textures on church
- Improved clipping at various places
- Improved grenade clipping at various places
- Updated Overview
At the time of writing, Valve has not moved either of the new maps into the competitive map pool. Expect more changes before the developer decides to move them over.
Header image via Valve.
- Sillicur Whoops! My bad 😉 thx for spotting
- angel hunter How was last year 2020 Last year, it released on 7 May 2020.🙁😏🤔
- Dytlief Moller Great stuff guys, wish you all the best of luck, the nation is behind you guys!
- Colin Cowley Epic - but we want DOTA !
- Saul VS gaming paying out quickly. Big yikes. Took 6 months to receive my cash prize in 2019.