PUBG Mobile Warm-up Cup announced by ACGL with R5,000 on the line
Sep 7, 2020 12:01 pm
Last week, Red Bull announced their third Mobile Esports Open (M.E.O.), and thanks to the local Red Bull branch, there’s a South African qualifier taking place on 26 and 27 September. The winner of South African PUBG Mobile M.E.O. qualifier will earn a spot in the world finals set to take place Turkey in 2021.
In preparation for the National Red Bull M.E.O. Qualifiers, African Cyber Gaming League (ACGL) will be hosting a PUBG Mobile warm-up Cup to get local players ready for the qualifier.
PUBG Mobile Warm-up Cup
ACGL announced the PUBG Mobile Warm-up Cup over the weekend, and it looks like the perfect way to get your squad battle-ready for the PUBG Mobile M.E.O. national qualifier.
The ACGL PUBG Mobile Warm-up Cup will take place in three parts. There are two qualifiers, followed by a final. In the final, there will be R5,000 in cash up for grabs, as well as four cases of Red Bull going to the winning team, which they will surely need for the national qualifiers.
Prize pool distribution:
- 1st place – R2,500 and four cases of Red Bull
- 2nd place – R1,500
- 3rd place – R600
- 4th place – R400
To get to the final of the PUBG Mobile Warm-up Cup, you will need to make it to the top 10 in one of the two qualifiers. You can register for the qualifiers on ACGL’s dedicated page for the Warm-up Cup.
- 16 September – Qualifier 1
- 17 September – Qualifier 2
- 24 September – Finals
Don’t forget to register for the National Red Bull MEO Qualifiers. Then, you should follow ACGL on Twitter, Facebook, as well as join their Discord server so you can stay up to date with the Warm-up Cup.
Header image via PUBG Corp.
- Sillicur It is our pleasure!
- richardhowes Thanks for the article and summary. Great to have a site where the latest esports news is all...
- Jp Booker PLEASE JUST GIVE US AN AFRICAN SERVER FOR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!!!
- Sillicur Whoops! My bad 😉 thx for spotting
- angel hunter How was last year 2020 Last year, it released on 7 May 2020.🙁😏🤔