Batrider, Rikki, Outworld Destroyer and more nerfed in latest Dota 2 update
Ever since the Mistwood update, Valve has been struggling a bit to get the Dota 2 hero balance right. In the latest Dota 2 update, 7.28c, Valve has again nerfed Batrider’s creep farming ability and made balance changes to several more heroes.
Dota 2 gameplay update 7.28c
While the DPC is still raging on, Valve has stepped in to nerf quite a few heroes. Rikki got some relatively big nerfs to Tricks of the Trade, while Outworld Destroyer arguably got smacked the hardest with Valve’s mighty nerf bat.
After making a solid return to the metagame, Lycan has seen a nerf to his Wolves, which should make the lives of hard support players a bit easier, and a nerf to the hero’s farming rate. Even Wraith King has received some nerfs, specifically to his Skeletons and Wraithfire Blast.
All in all, the latest Dota 2 gameplay update (7.28c) only holds nerfs for a total of 14 heroes, which needed some adjustment even while the DPC is going on. Check out the full list of nerfs via a post from Valve below.
- Sticky Napalm now deals 50 percent less damage against all creeps
- Base attack speed reduced from 110 to 100
- Call of the Wild Boar movement speed reduced from 350 to 320/330/340/350
- Fissure shard aftershock replication now stuns for half duration
Keeper of the Light
- Recall delay increased from 3 to 5/4/3
- Summon Wolves duration reduced from 55 to 50 seconds
- Morph cooldown rescaled from 160/100/40 to 140/100/60
- Morph scepter bonus cast range reduced from 600 to 300
- Morph scepter now also reduces Morph cooldown by 20 seconds
- Greater Treants Base Attack Time increased from 1.0 to 1.4
- Vendetta no longer applies Break
- Vendetta cooldown increased from 90/70/50 to 90/75/60
- Movement Speed reduced from 325 to 320
- Base armor reduced by 1
- Arcane Orb cooldown increased from 4/3/2/0 to 6/4/2/0
- Astral Imprisonment manacost increased from 120 to 150
- Base damage range reduced from 46-57 to 46-54
- Waning Rift damage reduced from 70/140/210/280 to 70/130/190/250
- Dream Coil scepter stun duration reduced from 2/3.25/4.5 to 2/3/4
- Tricks of the Trade scepter no longer increases duration
- Level 25 Talent reduced from -6s Tricks of the Trade Cooldown to -4s
- Shackles Shard cast range reduced from 150 to 125
- Base damage reduced by 2
- Wraithfire Blast cooldown increased from 14/12/10/8 to 17/14/11/8
- Vampiric Spirit skeletons base damage reduced by 3
So there you have it, all the nerfs from the latest Dota 2 update. While some of these nerfs are small, others can have a big impact on the metagame as we head into the final weeks of the DPC season.
Header image via Valve.